For most people, condoms are used to prevent unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases. While these might be the only reason you shop for condoms, they can be extremely pleasurable especially if you choose the right size, type and material. This guide is meant to help you choose a condom that is right for you.
Benefits of using Condoms
- Protection against Pregnancy and STDs: practising protected sex guarantees that you don’t end up with an unwanted pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases/infections including HIV. Giving you peace of mind to concentrate on your pleasure.
- Condoms Enhance Pleasure: they come in different textures and shapes to increase sensation for both you and your partner. Besides, condoms are designed for vaginal, anal and oral sex, making for overall safe sex. You can dance to the finest tunes of eroticism without unnecessary stress of getting pregnant of coming out with nasty infections.
- They are inexpensive and Ready-For-the-Go: condoms are extremely affordable and available online, in convenient stores and drug store. They are also discreetly small and portable taking for those quick fun moments in the garden while the party is buzzing. You know those drunken nights out! They don’t have to carry any regrets except a terrible hang-over.
- Condoms have Zero Side Effects: except for a mild irritation for people with latex allergies or particular lubes, most condoms have no side effects. If you are one of the few with extremely sensitive skin, you can always shift to latex-free materials and non-lubricated condoms.
Factors to consider When Choosing a Condom
- Know Your Size
While there is a notion that all condoms are one-size fit all, condoms actually come in different sizes from small to large. Choose a size that will fit your penis length and girth perfectly. Too small and you risk breakage and too loose and you risk it slipping off during sex. Both these scenarios compromise the condoms contraceptive and disease preventive functionality.
If you are just starting out on condoms, opt for regular size. Or you can measure the girth of your penis to know which sizes will work for you. Simply wrap a tape measure around the thickest part of your penis when erect to get the width. You also need to measure your length from the base of the penis to the head tip. Once you have this information, check out the Peaches and Screams product portfolio and pick your size.
- Understand the Different Types
Condoms are made from different materials which add to their sensitivity and stimulation. Here is an overview of the types of condoms you can choose from.
- Latex Condoms: These are the most basic and widely available condoms in the market. They might cause a skin irritation if you have a latex allergy.
- Polyurethane Condoms: These are great alternatives for people with latex allergies. The plastic sheath make for a thinner condom which makes sex feel more pleasurable.
- Animal- skin Condoms: These types of condoms feel completely natural during sex. They also prevent pregnancy. However, the animal skin does have microscopic pores that can allow small viruses and bacteria to get through. For this reason, they are only suitable for monogamous partners as a contraceptive method.
- Insertable Condoms: these are commonly female condoms that can be inserted to the vagina or anus. They are made from nitrile and are effective in pregnancy and STDs prevention.
- Specialty Condoms: these include textured, flavoured, pleasure-shaped and glow-in-the-dark condoms. Some may not provide 100% protection against pregnancy and STD transmission. Check the package for a FDA-approved label to determine their effectiveness.
- Spermicide Condoms: these are designed to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm. However they can cause irritation if used too often. Best for people in long-term relationships not engaging in daily sex.
- Understand the different Designs
While some men complain condoms kill their sensation, the shape, texture and thickness of the condom you pick can increase your stamina and pleasure. Some have straight sides, some have form-fitting and others are flared. While the shape you choose goes down to your personal preference, a looser tip does increase the sensation of the penis head, making for more pleasure.
Another thing to consider is Thickness. Some manufacturers provide thicker and ultra-thin condoms for additional safety and pleasure. A thinner condom allows more heat and warmth to reach the penis hence, increased stimulation.
Nowadays, condoms come plain, ribbed, dotted, studded or a combination of two texture. Consider the texture of the condom to spice things up for both you and your partner.
- Sensation Lubricants
Most condoms come already lubricated to ease insertion and prevent breakage. Some people find this extremely stimulating. But if you prefer using your own lubricants, either water-based or silicone-based lubricants are compatible with most materials. However, do not use oil based lubricants on latex as they tend to damage the surface. Some have numbing lubricants meant to reduce penile sensitivity for a longer lasting sexual experience. Only use this if you have problems lasting long enough, otherwise, it can quickly because a downside.
How to use a Condom
It is important to know how to properly wear and use a condom. Incorrect use can lead to unwanted pregnancy, STDs or erectile dysfunction. Here is a simply step by step guide:
- Once you have your condom, open carefully. Don’t use teeth or scissors, they can tear the condom.
- Place it at the tip of your penis and roll it down as if wearing a sock.
- Hold on the tip to make sure you leave enough room to allow free head movement and ejaculation hold.
- If the condom is not lubricated, mildly apply some lubricant to your skin to prevent dryness.
- Once secure, apply lubricant on the outside side of the condom to facilitate a smooth insertion and gliding.
- After climax, Remove and dispose appropriately.
Where to buy Condoms Online!
Take out the worry and spice up your pleasure with Peaches and Screams. Browse our website for a variety of latex condoms, polyurethane condoms, lambskin condoms, specialty condoms and more. We know you value your privacy, buy your favourite condoms and Peaches and Screams will be sure to discretely deliver to your doorstep. Sex is definitely more pleasure when you are relaxed!