According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 20 to 25% of the homeless population in the United States suffers from some form of severe mental illness.
Chronic mental illness is one of the four main subtypes of homeless persons; the others being the street people, chronic alcoholics, and the situationally distressed.
In a study in Western societies, homeless people have a higher prevalence of mental illness when compared to the general population.
It is estimated that 20-25% of homeless people, compared with 6% of the non-homeless, have severe mental illness.
Those with mental illness or substance abuse problems were found to be incarcerated at a higher frequency than the general population.
Bridge House Ready to Work House and Employment Center
1. Purchased and renovated by Bridge House, this new community will house 48 individuals working in the Ready to Work program, providing housing and employment services to 38 men and 10 women.
2. Ready to Work is Bridge House’s employment program that provides paid jobs, vocational training and support services to individuals re-entering the workforce and stable housing.
3. Ready to Work is recognized as a best practice nationally and locally.
4. Ready to Work Boulder AA operates two businesses – exterior maintenance and food service.
5. Individuals will live at Ready to Work House for about one year and will be working, participating in case management, financial management and vocational development as a condition of residency.
6. Residents will be screened, selected based on eligibility for Ready to Work and participating in program services prior to residency.
7. All residents of 4747 Table Mesa will be provided paid work for up to 29 hours per week, attend classes, pay room and board, and participate in maintaining the building.
The Boulder Bridge House, Ready to Work House and Employment Center will be opening their Aurora branch in the near future. Maps and addresses for both Ready to Work Aurora & Boulder can be found above.
Also included are a Ready to Work Aurora Map, Ready to Work Aurora Address, Ready to Work Aurora Phone Number, Ready to Work Aurora Logo, and Ready to Work Aurora Photos.
Ready to Work Boulder, 4747 Table Mesa Dr, Boulder, CO 80305
Ready to Work Aurora, 3176 S Peoria Ct, Aurora, CO 80014
Ready to Work Phone: 720-309-1752
Isabel McDevitt is the CEO of Bridge House in Boulder, Colorado and developer of Ready to Work House & Employment Center, serving the homeless, working poor, and those homeless or at risk of becoming homeless Ready to Work is a trademark of the Bridge House in Boulder 2015. All rights reserved.
Design & Developed By VWThemes